Thursday, August 25, 2011

What it could have been!!!

That's a starbucks cup Amy, big deal!! Right, but you don't know is what it could have been. In a very weak moment I acted inappropriately and the story is as follows. Upon getting my receipt for my carmel macchiato, I asked the gentleman behind the counter if Pumpkin Spice Lattes (PSLs) were out yet. He replied, "actually, I have the mix right here, but I can't sell them until after Sept 5."
"Perfect!" I said, "because you just sold me a Carmel Macchiato, so why don't you make me a PSL?"
"Sorry ma'am, I can't." he says trying to look disappointed.
"Oh, that's right" I figured, "someone will know if it's opened."
He smirks.
"It's already opened isn't it?!" I exclaimed. "No one has to know."
By this time I have not only gained the attention of his fellow barista, but the few people sitting in the store are actually watching now.
"Sorry Ma'am, I can't." As he turns to walk away, finished hearing my pleas.
Over dramatized, maybe. But a PSL is fall in a cup, and I'm so ready for fall that I will take it any way I can get it, even if it's in a hot cup, in a hot car, when it's 110 outside.
Like I said, weak moment. I'm thankful no one is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment