Thursday, May 2, 2013

Time is a funny thing.  It doesn't stop, slow down, or speed up.  It is constant, yet sometimes seems to drag then at times it runs away from us and we can't seem to catch up.


I found an old posting with pics of Eli and had the realization of how fast time moves.  I literally feel like it was yesterday that I followed him around with my camera, trying to capture sweet moments when he was an infant, now he's close to 3 years old!  Geez.
 I was reminded today to live in the moment.  So important, and often forgotten.  I was also reminded of the faithfulness and compassion of our God.

This precious little man got ear tubes today, which will hopefully bring healing and restoration.   But while Michael and I waited to hear the news that he's "ok."  A sweet older woman came up to us, with the most gentle and loving demeanor, and asked if she could pray for our sweet William as she saw us take him back to the operating room. God is so good, before two words came out of her mouth I immediately thought, "she's an Angel."  True or not, she was definitely comforting us with her presence, sent from a loving Father, who knew my heart was anxious.  Trusting, but still a bit anxious.  I needed that reminder today.  I haven't stopped enough lately to soak in His love and realize His presence, I'll blame it on the business of being a mamma, going back to work, ect..But really, the fault is mine.  I am thankful for grace, yet again. When we need Him, He is there.



"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Heb 13:2

1 comment:

  1. love how she came and prayed over you! praying for continued healing and rest over your family!

    ReplyDelete