Sunday, October 28, 2012

Greater Glory



I like writing.  Probably because I do a lot of thinking.  My mind never shuts off.  I envy those people who can just be.  No thinking, no thoughts, they can just be in the moment.  My mind is always racing. Always planning, wondering, dreaming and unfortunely worrying.  
I have thought about writing a book for a long time, but it caused a great deal of anxiety because I thought the Lord was guiding me to write about death.  A subject I have feared and been way too close to recently with the passing of my father.  
A book about death?  How morbid. I don’t even want to think about it.  But that’s the point!!!! We should be thinking about it! That’s what the Lord has been  trying to speak into my life and into this writing.  
Amy, I’m preparing you for a greater place, a greater glory....


The enemy of our souls tries to whisper lies like, "You don't want to leave these guys do you?  What if you don't get to see them grow up?"  or even worse, "What if you lose one of these guys young."

Lies!  I will never lose these boys, I could be separated from them for a short while, like I am from my father now, but I will NEVER lose them.  We will be together for eternity.  The moment God breathed life into each of us in our mother's womb, an eternal plan was in the making! How amazing to think about.  The things we love and are so tied to here on earth will always be. Family.  Forever.  

I am so thankful for the big picture, the eternal plan, things I cannot even fathom! 

"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.  For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comprehension, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen;  for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
  2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment